The healthdirect Symptom Checker guides you to the appropriate healthcare action: if you need to see a doctor or go to your nearest hospital or emergency department. It helps you understand symptoms and possible signs of illness, causes and complications.
With the Symptom Checker you can:
- Understand your options – advice on the next healthcare steps, whether it’s self care, talking to a health professional, going to a hospital or calling triple zero (000)
- Find local health services – information on healthcare professionals in your area using the National Health Services Directory (NHSD)
- Assess your symptoms – help explaining and clarifying possible causes related to signs and symptoms, such as aches, pain and rashes
- Learn more about your symptoms – links to further information about your symptoms, and possible causes, from trusted Australian healthcare organisations.
If you think you have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial triple zero (000).
The healthdirect Symptom Checker is an online tool for consumers to check their symptoms and find trusted information and advice on what to do next. The healthdirect Symptom Checker is not a:
- diagnostic tool
- substitute for professional health care
- an alternative to seeing a GP.
The GP Superclinic @ Midland Railway Workshops takes no responsibility for the information that appears in the healthdirect Symptom checker.
BOOK GP APPOINTMENT